Sunlight is always the best disinfectant. We think that there is some required on revelations that the home of Annette King, where the alleged incident between Darren Hughes and an 18 year old occured, is probably the cleanest house in the whole of Wellington.
No one was home at King's residence today but a cleaner, who said she services the home three times each week, said Hughes' bedroom was in the upstairs part of the large villa but he had not used it for several days.
Police have already searched the home
- Are they paid cash perhaps?
- Just what do they do 3 times a week?
- Who does the paying - the taxpayer or Ms King and is it subsidised by Mr Hughes.
- And will they still be in their job after they let slip with the revelations?
- Will this lead to an employment court case?
Trevor Mallard Matthew sometimes I think you are perceptive and then you do something like this. Annette is generally at parliament by 8am, she generally leaves about 10.30pm. She works seven days most weeks - something that is reflected in her electorate majority in a seat (extended from one) that she won from a national member and has turned into a fortress. The worst thing is that I'm pretty sure if she was a man you wouldn't complain about her getting regular cleaning help.