Wednesday 29 October 2008

2009 - A GREAT YEAR

One sunny day in 2009 an old man approached Premier House from where he'd been sitting on a park bench.
He spoke to the security officer guard and said, 'I would like to go in and meet with Prime Minister Helen Clark.'
The security officer looked at the man and said, 'Sir, Ms Clark is no longer Prime Minister and no longer resides here.'
The old man said, 'Okay' and walked away.
The following day, the same man approached Premier House and said to the security officer 'I would like to go in and meet with Prime Minister Helen Clark.'
The security man again told the man, 'Sir, as I said yesterday, Ms Clark is no longer Prime Minister and no longer resides here.'
The man thanked him and, again, just walked away.
The third day, the same man approached Premier House and spoke to the same guard, saying 'I would like to go in and meet with Prime Minister Helen Clark.'
The guard, understandably fed up, looked at the man and said, 'Sir, this is the third day in a row you have come here asking to speak to Ms Clark.
'I've told you already that Ms Clark is no longer the Prime Minister and no longer resides here. Don't you understand?'
The old man looked at the guard and said, 'Oh, I understand ...
'I just love hearing it.'
The security officer snapped to attention, saluted, and said, 'See you tomorrow.'

No comments: