Wednesday 10 September 2008

National wimps on the ETS

Whale oil
This from the Blue whale who is suddenly changing colour.



I was reading stories to my kids when I was called by a friend, a long-serving MP, who told me that the National Party had voted to support the Emissions Trading Scam (ETS) by stopping it from going back to Select Committee.
Obviously this can’t be true, but I thought I would tell you what my source told me anyway.
Apparently, some parties in parliament thought that the Bill involves very significant Treaty of Waitangi issues that should be considered by the Select Committee, but which haven’t been so far.
I think they are right. The ETS will destroy at least $2 billion of Maori wealth, and even more of Pakeha wealth.
But my source told me the National Party didn’t care about this. Apparently, the National Party VOTED WITH LABOUR, against the Maori, ACT and Green parties, to push through the legislation tonight. If National had voted with the Maori, ACT and Green parties, the legislation would have failed.
According to my source, the National Party’s residual Don-Brash-perspective on the Treaty of Waitangi issues means they would prefer to vote with Labour, in favour of the ETS, rather than vote with other parties, like the Maori Party, to stop the ETS. Bashing Maoris is more important than protecting our economy from Labour/Green madness.
Surely this is not true. If it is, then fuck them. It would mean National was even worse than Labour and that we should all vote ACT. Right now, I still plan to vote for my local National candidate but I am not voting for a party that supports the ongoing taxation of people based on dodgy un-proven science and the support of a corrupt, morally bankrupt party lead by a proven liar.



shame on the nats.... I suggested today that the National party today had a chance to create a point of difference...

They didnt - Im not sure if I am angry or sad but I want some answers....

No comments: