Thursday 25 September 2008

fish for dinner - but not scampi....

A Horny head Turbot -cool name huh.....



I bought a turbot on the bone for dinner - the Aussie Rock bought me a De Hillerin filleting knife on his last trip to Paris - my first instinct was to cut off the baubles that hang out in his budgie smugglers.. Imagine going to France and not bringing me back something romantic!! But the knife makes me want to buy fish on the bone just so I can use it -- its beautifully balanced and a dream to use..

anyway - it was a succulent fish and there were enough trimmings to make a pie or fish cakes at a later date...

I just floured it - served it with a simple home made coleslaw ( laced with pecorino cheese ) and kumara mash...

heaven...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busted blond with a beautiful knife, the mind boggles and cojones tremble.

Anonymous said...

and a delicious fish supper to follow...

euminedes said...

boys im old, saggy and baggy but I do cook a good feed!

Lee Clark said...

Oh oh, busted! Your first mistake was to refer to yourself as 'blonde' the rest did itself...

Anonymous said...

M'mmm knowing BB she does injustice to herself. I am not about sure about the saggy and baggy label, but I do know she wears the spunky label with pride.